Did you all have a good holiday? I know Leo did…
But enough of this Christmas stuff, let’s start looking to the New Year!
It’s that time of year again! Time to make my Retro Ranch Revamp Resolutions!
Before we get to the list, I thought I would recap my 2011 Retro Ranch Revamp Resolutions.
Last year, I had seven resolutions on my list. Here’s how they turned out!
1. Get the Basketball hoop that came with the house out of the back yard. (Done! I sold it on Craigslist!)
2. Make a raised bed victory garden using the square foot gardening method. (Done! And let me tell you, the taste of victory was delicious!)
3. Fill the built in planter with something other than random junk. (Done! The plants are still looking great!)
4. Decide if I am going to paint my kitchen cabinets and if so, do it! (Partially done. I have decided to paint them, I have decided what color and I have the paint, now I just have to do it!)
5. Continue to beautify the front and back yard. (I’ve been working on the yard a lot this year! Between the corner garden, the victory garden, more shrubs, more flowers, more tree trimming and more lily removal, I would say I did a pretty good job of keeping the beautification going!)
6. Refinish the record cabinet for my adorable husband Jim’s video game storage. (Done! I love it! And so does Jim!)
7. Update the blog at least once a week for a whole year. (I’ve done it! Most weeks I posted twice-and a few weeks were even three times a week!)
Not bad…mostly accomplished! (minus painting the kitchen cabinets, but that’s next!)
What do I have in store for myself this year?
I decided that seven was a good number of Retro Ranch Revamp Resolutions to have, so here’s my 2012 list!
1. Paint the kitchen cabinets! Not much to explain here, the color is picked out, the paint is purchased, the work time line is set, once the ball drops, it’s go time!
2. Replace the remaining old windows in our house.This one is in the budget folks. If you remember our drafty bedroom/bathroom situation from last year, you should understand why we want to get this done sooner than later. Plus we locked in our quote until the end of 2012 and in order to get the great deal, we have to finish ordering them this year. We have 6 windows left. The plan is to do the three in the bedrooms first and then finish out the year by replacing the three kitchen windows.
3. Install the edging on the corner garden. I simply ran out of time before the ground froze this year!
4. Stock the shelves of my Etsy store! I managed to get the shop open just before Christmas, but with only two small ornaments on the shelves, it isn’t that exciting. I’m currently working on a product line that I will hopefully be able to get into the shop soon! (I got some very helpful Christmas presents – tools!)
5. Make a path from the patio to the victory garden and put in a rain barrel.
I carved out the place for the path by removing some over grown shrubs…but I haven’t finished it yet. (Sorry Leo.)
6. Come up with a design plan for the master bath remodel. I’m pretty sure I like the layout I came up with, but as far as what it looks like I have nothing set in stone. I think the biggest challenge will be finding a vanity.
7. Decorate the guest bedroom! This one will be fun. I have already refinished a Broyhill Brasilia headboard to use in the guest bedroom, once we get a new window in there it will be time to paint, put up window treatments, and arrange the furniture! (I don’t think I have shown you guys the space yet, but don’t worry, you will see it soon!)
So there you have it…the list of 2012 Retro Ranch Revamp Resolutions! Stay tuned folks…this is gonna be another busy year!