With the sanding complete, I made sure the cabinets were dust free and then started priming first thing Saturday morning.
I started with the bottom cabinets and worked my way around…
After two hours of straight priming, I had all the bottom cabinets on one side of the room primed and ready. The last thing I wanted to do was pick up my brush and start priming the breakfast area, so I ate a sandwich. Then I got my brush and started priming again…
The breakfast area of the cabinets took another hour and 45 minutes. Then I really wanted a break…but instead…
I spent another hour and a half priming the upper cabinets. Phew!
By now I was beat, but of course I had just enough energy to put a coat of the wall color on the trim around the “take-out window” and the wall where the back splash will eventually go.
It is noticeably brighter in the kitchen already! Even with just the primer, it is a huge difference. Jim and I both really like it so far!
I also had a chance to order my new range hood. After looking around and reading reviews, I decided on this model:
At this point I called it a day for Saturday…but of course I didn’t stop there for the weekend. If you want to see what the kitchen looks like now, you will have to come back later in the week, after I’ve had a chance to take some pictures and get a little rest.