With the holidays over, this is the time for new year’s resolutions. Time to be more organized, neat and tidy (Leo!), improve yourself and of course improve your house! That’s why I have my list of Retro Ranch Revamp Resolutions!
In my experience, whenever you tell people what your resolutions are, they hold you more accountable for sticking to them…which is why I am listing my Revamp Resolutions right here for the world to see!
2011 RETRO RANCH REVAMP RESOLUTIONS:
1. Get the basketball hoop that came with the house out of the back yard. I don’t have anything against basketball hoops, but this one is not pretty and it doesn’t look true to the style of the house….I don’t know if I will keep it, sell it or try and give it away, but it has to move off my patio!
2. See that mound of tall weeds on the right hand side of the photo above? That is a vegetable garden…errr…was a vegetable garden. The last owners would plant stuff in there I guess. I want to put in a raised bed victory garden in that area using the square foot gardening method. Not only will it look better, but it will provide tasty produce (hopefully!) that I can make even more neighbor friends with…“Hi, I’m your neighbor Kate…would you like some tomatoes?”
3. Fill the planter in the entryway with something other than random junk. Maybe plants? Stones? Whatever it is I bet it will be an improvement.
4. Decide if I should paint the kitchen cabinet doors for sure and if so-DO IT! The cabinets in my kitchen are original and in good shape except for the fronts of the doors. They are somewhat chipped and discolored in areas and they just look a little dirty from all the wear and tear. My thought is to paint the doors and leave the rest wood to freshen up the kitchen. (Full kitchen post coming soon!)
5. Continue to beautify the front and back yards. This one is a continuation of the work we have done so far. Pruning shrubs, clearing brush, gardening, removing more of the dreaded lilies, etc. We have come pretty far already, but we still have further to go.
6. Refinish the record cabinet into a cabinet for my husband’s game stuff. My husband loves video games. Video games have a lot of controls and wires and
charg-a-magiggys that are not retro cool. Kate’s solution: Get a retro record cabinet on Craigslist for $10 and refinish it into a more mod way to hide the video game clutter. A win win!
7. Update this blog once a week for the whole year! Yes you heard me right. I would like to put at least one new post up per week for the year. That is 52 ranch-tastic posts for the year. Can I do it? I’m gonna try!
So there you have it folks. 7 totally doable Retro Ranch Revamp Resolutions for 2011. Let the Revamping begin!